October 21, 2010
Diwali, the JDBASKETBALL way
So Diwali is just about 15 days away, and like every year, you can expect the following things:
1) Fireworks keeping you up until the wee hours of the morning.
2) Fireworks giving your pet nightmares that go on at least until Holi.
3) A laddu/gulab-jamun/barfi/any other Indian sweet overdose.
4) Decorated houses shining proudly all night.
5) Basketball... Much basketball...
That's right, because this Diwali, Delhi hoopers will be getting a special gift: American basketball coach JD Walsh will bring back the JDBASKETBALL clinic to the city to hold a Diwali Vacation Camp on November 6-7 at the American Embassy School (AES) in New Delhi.
The camp will be open to kids in Elementary, Junior High School, High School, and University level, and training for the students will be separated by age and ability.
Email email@example.com for more information. Each session of the camp will be limited to 30 participants.
Over the past three years, JDBASKETBALL has operated over 100 clinics in 12 cities to over 5,000 youth throughout India.
I'm guessing there will be no fireworks allowed on court. Except for metaphorical ones.